Wednesday, December 29, 2010

You Guys Hang Out Away From Work?

I have really awesome co-workers, with whom I am very tight. On Monday, Alison "AG" Glabe hit me up b/c she had a friend in town and was wondering if The Crew was getting together for football that night. We weren't but her inquiry gave us reason to round everyone up. So we went to East Village Tavern - AG, her friend Veronica, Slick Nick, Rossi, Katie Leisz, my Domer buddies Larimer & AJ, and another friend Jessica Lopez. As J-Lo asked us, "It's your week off and you guys are hanging out? Away from work?"

Yep. I noticed the waitress was really hot too, and we'd chatted the last time I was in there, so I got her e-mail addy. I don't usually ask for numbers until an outing or get-together is already set. My crew teased me but, hey, you gotta always keep swingin'. You never know what'll happen.

Anyways, after the Saints edged the Falcons we edged our way to Maloney's. Amy Johnson was visiting from NYC so we mosied to Fifth Ave. to have a beer with her and her crew. Maloney's on a weeknight is desolate but with great music. At one point, Nick went to the restroom but left his phone behind so we opened his Facebook and wrote a status: "Nick Golden likes men and farm animals."  He wasn't amused.
I was.

Katie had slipped out to visit friends at another club called Henry's, so we stopped into there. She was nowhere to be found. We wrapped up our night with a few munchies at Casa de Rossi. Not your typical Monday night but not your typical group of colleagues either.

No comments:

Post a Comment